These thick and sturdy end grain chopping boards have been handcrafted in Cornwall from beautiful, responsibly-sourced utile wood.
- Crafted from responsibly-sourced utile wood, bonded with food safe glues in an end grain structure. Finished with natural mineral oil and beeswax
- Handmade to order - allow up to 2 weeks for your board to be made
- Made in Redruth, Cornwall
- End grain boards absorb the impact of a knife without damaging the blade
- ‘Self healing’ structure closes up after being cut
- Utile wood is heavy and durable, with a beautiful mahogany-like appearance
- It is normal for wooden boards to expand and contract. Always wash both sides of your board and dry it on its side to avoid warping. Full care guide here.
Dimensions (subject to plus or minus a few mm):
Medium: 350 x 250 x 35mm
Large: 400 x 300 x 40mm
Butcher's block: 450 x 350 x 50mm
Based in the heart of Cornwall, GT Woodshop is a husband and wife team specialising in stunning end grain chopping boards. Working with responsibly-sourced hardwoods from FSC forests or waste offcuts, these boards are a lifetime investment in beautiful craftsmanship. Each one is a labour of love, involving the glueing together of perfectly-cut wooden blocks, followed by an extensive finishing process. By creating this ‘end grain’ surface, the board absorbs knife cuts without damaging your blade. Cuts to the board even ‘heal’ up when dampened, as the grain swells a little to repair itself. Thick, durable and beautiful, these chopping boards have been made to last a lifetime and more.