Oak End Grain Chopping Board, Small
This beautiful little chopping board makes an ideal gift. The dense oak hardwood is supremely tough, whilst its end grain structure keeps knives in top condition.
- Crafted from responsibly-sourced oak, bonded with food safe glues in an end grain structure. Finished with natural mineral oil and beeswax
- Handmade to order - allow up to 2 weeks for your board to be made
- Made in Redruth, Cornwall
- End grain boards absorb the impact of a knife without damaging the blade
- ‘Self healing’ structure closes up after being cut
- Oak wood is heavy and durable, with an open fibre structure which keeps knives sharp
- Dimensions: 250 x 180 x 35mm (subject to plus or minus a few mm)
- It is normal for wooden boards to expand and contract. Always wash both sides of your board and dry it on its side to avoid warping. Full care guide here.
Based in the heart of Cornwall, GT Woodshop is a husband and wife team specialising in stunning end grain chopping boards. Working with responsibly-sourced hardwoods from FSC forests or waste offcuts, these boards are a lifetime investment in beautiful craftsmanship. Each one is a labour of love, involving the glueing together of perfectly-cut wooden blocks, followed by an extensive finishing process. By creating this ‘end grain’ surface, the board absorbs knife cuts without damaging your blade. Cuts to the board even ‘heal’ up when dampened, as the grain swells a little to repair itself. Thick, durable and beautiful, these chopping boards have been made to last a lifetime and more.
Shipping & Returns
UK Shipping is free. These boards are handcrafted to order - please allow up to 2 weeks for your board to be made Once made, UK delivery can be expected within 2-3 working days. Delivery to Europe will take up to 3-5 working days, and international deliveries may take up to 10 working days. International shipping fees are calculated at checkout.
Returns are available within 30 days of purchase. Any returned items must be in new (unused) condition and should include all original packaging. Return shipping is at your own cost, unless the item received is faulty.
To begin a return, contact us here, quoting your order number and reason for return. After the item is received back, it will be checked before your refund is issued.