In Italian vegetable tanned leather lined in a soft pigskin suede, this elegant, functional glasses case is based upon a classic Italian design.
- Italian Vegetable tanned leather lined with pigskin suede
- Handmade by skilled leather craftsmen in Dartington, South Devon
Exclusive 25 year repair guarantee for Buy Me Once customers*
- Dimensions: width 165mm, height 80mm
- The single piece construction and double thickness of leather protects spectacles
- Soft suede lining is kind to lenses
- Naturally tanned leather benefits from an occasional dose of natural leather wax; detailed 'leather care' information card included with every purchase.
Devon-based brand Tanner Bates are master leather craftsmen with a reverence for traditional technique, provenance and heritage. Though contemporary in design their pieces are truly one-of-a-kind, full of character and history and made to last a lifetime. The brand is known for their “specialty leathers,” often painstakingly sourced from smaller traditional tanneries across the UK and Italy, and their leathers are always full-grain, meaning they can bear small marks and imperfections from the animal the hide came from. Their pieces have the intoxicatingly strong smell of “real” leather, achieved through an age-old process of natural tanning using tree tree bark. It’s hard to find leather products constructed with more care and craftsmanship than these.
*Tanner Bates offers free repairs within 25 years of purchase to Buy Me Once customers only, with a reasonable cost of repair thereafter. Does not include general wear and tear, colour fading or damage caused by inappropriate care, at the discretion of Tanner Bates.