Made from just cowhide, brass and copper, this belt is the ultimate in simplicity and quality of the raw materials, handmade in the UK by master leather craftsmen.
- Made with 5mm undyed oak bark tanned full-grain leather; heavy duty Brass harness buckle sand cast in Walsall, UK; hand-peened solid copper rivets
- Handmade by skilled leather craftsmen in Dartington, South Devon
Exclusive 25 year repair guarantee for Buy Me Once customers
- Natural colour comes from the oak bark liquor the cowhide is tanned in for a year and a half; the colour will get darker over time, as UV light darkens the natural leather.
- Wear this belt every day and watch the patina in the leather, the brass buckle and the copper rivets develop over time.
- Belt width 1.5”
- “Full-grain” leather is unbuffed, retaining scars and blemishes from the animal and making each piece truly unique
Naturally tanned leather benefits from an occasional dose of natural leather wax; detailed 'leather care' information card included with every purchase.
Devon-based brand Tanner Bates are master leather craftsmen with a reverence for traditional technique, provenance and heritage. Though contemporary in design their pieces are truly one-of-a-kind, full of character and history and made to last a lifetime. The brand is known for their “specialty leathers,” often painstakingly sourced from smaller traditional tanneries across the UK and Italy, and their leathers are always full-grain, meaning they can bear small marks and imperfections from the animal the hide came from. Their pieces have the intoxicatingly strong smell of “real” leather, achieved through an age-old process of natural tanning using tree tree bark. It’s hard to find leather products constructed with more care and craftsmanship than these.
*Tanner Bates offers free repairs within 25 years of purchase to Buy Me Once customers only, with a reasonable cost of repair thereafter. Does not include general wear and tear, colour fading or damage caused by inappropriate care, at the discretion of Tanner Bates.