A traditionally crafted and truly unique belt, handmade from a heavy hide used by harness and bridle makers with the beautiful smell of “real” leather.
- Hand-stitched 5mm oak bark tanned leather from UK tannery; sand-cast nickel-plated brass buckles from West Midlands foundry; solid brass rivets; tough braided thread
- Each belt is tailor made for a perfect fit - make sure to measure using the size guide.
- Handmade by leather craftsmen in Dartington, South Devon
- Exclusive 25 year repair guarantee for Buy Me Once customers*
- Each belt is unique, marked with an individual serial number and date of manufacture
- Hand-stitched using tough, braided thread
- “Full-grain” leather is unbuffed, retaining scars and blemishes from the animal and making each piece truly unique
- 1.5" width
- Naturally tanned leather benefits from an occasional dose of natural leather wax; detailed 'leather care' information card included with every purchase.
Devon-based brand Tanner Bates are master leather craftsmen with a reverence for traditional technique, provenance and heritage. Though contemporary in design their pieces are truly one-of-a-kind, full of character and history and made to last a lifetime. The brand is known for their “specialty leathers,” often painstakingly sourced from smaller traditional tanneries across the UK and Italy, and their leathers are always full-grain, meaning they can bear small marks and imperfections from the animal the hide came from. Their pieces have the intoxicatingly strong smell of “real” leather, achieved through an age-old process of natural tanning using tree tree bark. It’s hard to find leather products constructed with more care and craftsmanship than these.
*Tanner Bates offers free repairs within 25 years of purchase to Buy Me Once customers only, with a reasonable cost of repair thereafter. Does not include general wear and tear, colour fading or damage caused by inappropriate care, at the discretion of Tanner Bates.