A practical, stunning and truly one-of-a-kind bag, handmade in Devon by master leather craftsmen using vintage full-grain leather.
Made to order - please allow 2 weeks.
- Made from vintage, full-grain Oak Bark Leather tanned in East Devon; copper rivets; solid brass UK sourced fittings; sheepskin lining tanned in the UK; 2" wide canvas strap
Handmade by skilled leather craftsmen in Dartington, South Devon
- Exclusive 25 year repair guarantee for Buy Me Once customers*
- Hand-stitched using tough, braided thread. All stitching is left exposed, enabling easy repair. Stress points are reinforced and double-stitched, with shoulder strap D-ring attachment secured with extra metal strips
- “Full-grain” leather is unbuffed, retaining scars and blemishes from the animal and making each piece truly unique
Dimensions: W28 x H22 x D10cms
- Internal pocket suitable for ipad and phone; external rear pocket ideal for travel tickets and papers
- Naturally tanned leather benefits from an occasional dose of natural leather wax; detailed 'leather care' information card included with every purchase.
Devon-based brand Tanner Bates are master leather craftsmen with a reverence for traditional technique, provenance and heritage. Though contemporary in design their pieces are truly one-of-a-kind, full of character and history and made to last a lifetime. The brand is known for their “specialty leathers,” often painstakingly sourced from smaller traditional tanneries across the UK and Italy, and their leathers are always full-grain, meaning they can bear small marks and imperfections from the animal the hide came from. Their pieces have the intoxicatingly strong smell of “real” leather, achieved through an age-old process of natural tanning using tree tree bark. It’s hard to find leather products constructed with more care and craftsmanship than these.
*Tanner Bates offers free repairs within 25 years of purchase to Buy Me Once customers only, with a reasonable cost of repair thereafter. Does not include general wear and tear, colour fading or damage caused by inappropriate care, at the discretion of Tanner Bates.