Baja Travel Bag
A practical, stunning and truly one-of-a-kind bag, handmade in Devon by master leather craftsmen using vintage full-grain leather.
Made to order - please allow 2 weeks.
- Made from vintage, full-grain Oak Bark Leather tanned in East Devon; copper rivets; solid brass UK sourced fittings; sheepskin lining tanned in the UK; 2" wide canvas strap
- Handmade by skilled leather craftsmen in Dartington, South Devon
- Exclusive 25 year repair guarantee for Buy Me Once customers*
- Hand-stitched using tough, braided thread. All stitching is left exposed, enabling easy repair. Stress points are reinforced and double-stitched, with shoulder strap D-ring attachment secured with extra metal strips
- “Full-grain” leather is unbuffed, retaining scars and blemishes from the animal and making each piece truly unique
- Dimensions: W28 x H22 x D10cms
- Internal pocket suitable for ipad and phone; external rear pocket ideal for travel tickets and papers
- Naturally tanned leather benefits from an occasional dose of natural leather wax; detailed 'leather care' information card included with every purchase.
Devon-based brand Tanner Bates are master leather craftsmen with a reverence for traditional technique, provenance and heritage. Though contemporary in design their pieces are truly one-of-a-kind, full of character and history and made to last a lifetime. The brand is known for their “specialty leathers,” often painstakingly sourced from smaller traditional tanneries across the UK and Italy, and their leathers are always full-grain, meaning they can bear small marks and imperfections from the animal the hide came from. Their pieces have the intoxicatingly strong smell of “real” leather, achieved through an age-old process of natural tanning using tree tree bark. It’s hard to find leather products constructed with more care and craftsmanship than these.
*Tanner Bates offers free repairs within 25 years of purchase to Buy Me Once customers only, with a reasonable cost of repair thereafter. Does not include general wear and tear, colour fading or damage caused by inappropriate care, at the discretion of Tanner Bates.
Shipping & Returns
Standard UK shipping is £3.95, or free for any order over £50. UK delivery can be expected within 3-6 working days.
Returns are available within 30 days. Any returned items must be in new (unused) condition and should include all original, undamaged packaging. Return shipping is at your own cost, unless the item received is faulty.
To begin a return, contact us here, quoting your order number and reason for return. After the item is received back, it will be checked before your refund is issued.