Oak Bark Tanned Dartington Belt
Handmade in the UK by master leather craftsmen, the Oak Bark Dartington Belt is made from one piece of 5mm full-grain leather, the ultimate in simplicity and quality.
- Made with 5mm undyed oak bark tanned full-grain leather; heavy duty solid Brass harness buckle
- Handmade by skilled leather craftsmen in Dartington, South Devon
- Exclusive 25 year repair guarantee for Buy Me Once customers
- Natural colour comes from the oak bark liquor the cowhide is tanned in for a year and a half; the colour will get darker over time, as UV light darkens the natural leather.
- Wear this belt every day and watch the patina in the leather, the brass buckle and the copper rivets develop over time.
- Belt width 1.5”
- “Full-grain” leather is unbuffed, retaining scars and blemishes from the animal and making each piece truly unique
- Naturally tanned leather benefits from an occasional dose of natural leather wax; detailed 'leather care' information card included with every purchase.
Devon-based brand Tanner Bates are master leather craftsmen with a reverence for traditional technique, provenance and heritage. Though contemporary in design their pieces are truly one-of-a-kind, full of character and history and made to last a lifetime. The brand is known for their “specialty leathers,” often painstakingly sourced from smaller traditional tanneries across the UK and Italy, and their leathers are always full-grain, meaning they can bear small marks and imperfections from the animal the hide came from. Their pieces have the intoxicatingly strong smell of “real” leather, achieved through an age-old process of natural tanning using tree tree bark. It’s hard to find leather products constructed with more care and craftsmanship than these.
*Tanner Bates offers free repairs within 25 years of purchase to Buy Me Once customers only, with a reasonable cost of repair thereafter. Does not include general wear and tear, colour fading or damage caused by inappropriate care, at the discretion of Tanner Bates.
Shipping & Returns
Standard UK shipping is £3.95, or free for any order over £50. UK delivery can be expected within 3-6 working days.
Returns are available within 30 days. Any returned items must be in new (unused) condition and should include all original, undamaged packaging. Return shipping is at your own cost, unless the item received is faulty.
To begin a return, contact us here, quoting your order number and reason for return. After the item is received back, it will be checked before your refund is issued.