This stunning handmade chopping board has an end grain structure, which not only makes it ultra-strong, but keeps your knives in top condition.
- Crafted from responsibly-sourced oak, bonded with food safe glues in an end grain structure. Finished with natural mineral oil and beeswax
- Handmade to order - allow up to 2 weeks for your board to be made
- Made in Redruth, Cornwall
- Side handle grips for ease of use
- End grain boards absorb the impact of a knife without damaging the blade
- ‘Self healing’ structure closes up after being cut
- Oak wood is heavy and durable, with an open fibre structure which keeps knives sharp
- Dimensions: 400 x 300 x 40mm (subject to plus or minus a few mm)
- It is normal for wooden boards to expand and contract. Always wash both sides of your board and dry it on its side to avoid warping. Full care guide here.
Based in the heart of Cornwall, GT Woodshop is a husband and wife team specialising in stunning end grain chopping boards. Working with responsibly-sourced hardwoods from FSC forests or waste offcuts, these boards are a lifetime investment in beautiful craftsmanship. Each one is a labour of love, involving the glueing together of perfectly-cut wooden blocks, followed by an extensive finishing process. By creating this ‘end grain’ surface, the board absorbs knife cuts without damaging your blade. Cuts to the board even ‘heal’ up when dampened, as the grain swells a little to repair itself. Thick, durable and beautiful, these chopping boards have been made to last a lifetime and more.