El Campo Daybag
Based on a traditional Spanish design, the El Campo daybag features clever "no-stress" shoulder straps, handmade in Devon by master leather craftsmen.
Made to order - please allow 2 weeks.
- Made from natural undyed Italian Vachetta leather and solid brass eyelets
- Handmade by skilled leather craftsmen in Dartington, South Devon
- Exclusive 25-year repair guarantee for Buy Me Once customers*
- "No stress" shoulder straps redistribute the weight of the bag onto the rope, which can easily be replaced and tackles the most common stress point
- “Full-grain” leather is unbuffed, retaining scars and blemishes from the animal and making each piece truly unique
- Dimensions: H 44 x W 37 cms
- Naturally tanned leather benefits from an occasional dose of natural leather wax a detailed 'leather care' information card are included with every purchase.
Devon-based brand Tanner Bates are master leather craftsmen with a reverence for traditional technique, provenance and heritage. Though contemporary in design their pieces are truly one-of-a-kind, full of character and history and made to last a lifetime. The brand is known for its “speciality leathers,” often painstakingly sourced from smaller traditional tanneries across the UK and Italy, and their leathers are always full-grain, meaning they can bear small marks and imperfections from the animal the hide came from. Their pieces have the intoxicatingly strong smell of “real” leather, achieved through an age-old process of natural tanning using tree bark. It’s hard to find leather products constructed with more care and craftsmanship than these.
*Tanner Bates offers free repairs within 25 years of purchase to Buy Me Once customers only, with a reasonable cost of repair thereafter. Does not include general wear and tear, colour fading or damage caused by inappropriate care, at the discretion of Tanner Bates