Athene Plant-Based Sunglasses, Olive
Subtle and effortless in clear olive green, these frames are made from strong and sustainable bio-acetate (from plants, not crude oil). The polarised lenses offer 100% UVA and UVB protection.
- Made from sustainable Italian Mazzucchelli bio-acetate, an eco-friendly version of plastic, it's made without crude oil and is certified biodegradable
- Materials sourced in Italy, glasses ethically and responsibly manufactured in China by DoChange
- Lifetime repair service - free repairs on faulty glasses, accidental damage repaired for a low fee
- Polarised lenses with 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Frame size: Medium. Best suited for regular heads (55-57cm). Ideal for many face shapes and nose heights
- 48mm-22mm-140mm (lens, nose, temples)
- Built-in flexible micro-hinges and easily adjustable arms for a comfortable fit
- Comes in a sustainable eco-cork case, with a recycled Share Your Sun cloth
- Every pair sold includes a donation to SolarAid, helping distribute solar lamps to families in Zambia and Malawi
- Bird eyewear is a certified B Corp - a business that is a force for good
- Sent in plastic free packaging
Bird Eyewear are dedicated to making tough, sustainable sunglasses that give back. Made from cutting-edge bio-acetates - sustainable plastics derived from plants - these frames bring timeless style, with a tiny carbon footprint. Bird eyewear is built to last using strong, flexible materials - but can be composted in just 115 days. The first UK eyewear company to become a certified B Corp, Bird consider their social and environmental impact at every level of their business. With ethical manufacturing, plastic-free packaging and a donation to SolarAid with every purchase, these are sunnies you can truly feel good about.
Shipping & Returns
Standard UK shipping is £3.95, or free for any order over £50. UK delivery can be expected within 3-6 working days.
Returns are available within 30 days. Any returned items must be in new (unused) condition and should include all original, undamaged packaging. Return shipping is at your own cost, unless the item received is faulty.
To begin a return, contact us here, quoting your order number and reason for return. After the item is received back, it will be checked before your refund is issued.