These uniquely handwoven place mats and coasters are sturdy, striking and practical, traditionally handwoven by skilled artisans in Senegal.
- Uniquely woven from ndiorokh grasses intertwined with strips of repurposed plastic, traditionally used for making bazin mats
- BuyMeOnce exclusive 10 year guarantee
- Handmade in Senegal
- Comes with a reusable cotton drawstring bag, handmade in Senegal
- Their unique nature means no two placemats are identical
- Placemats: 30 cm Diameter
- Coasters: 10cm Diameter
- Member of Fair Trade Network UK (BAFTS)
Artisanne pairs traditional, time-tested basket weaving techniques with classic designs and a rigorous eye for quality. Working directly with artisans in a village near Thiès in Senegal, the founders, two sisters, visit several times a year to communicate directly with their skilled weavers, developing techniques and quality control measures. As a result, Artisanne baskets have a much tighter, sturdier weave and consistent, smoother finish than similar products on market - and to top it off, this beautiful brand is offering BuyMeOnce customers an exclusive 10 year guarantee.