End Grain Utile Chopping Boards
These thick and sturdy end grain chopping boards have been handcrafted in Cornwall from beautiful, responsibly-sourced utile wood.
Handmade to order - please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
- Crafted from responsibly-sourced utile wood, bonded with food safe glues in an end grain structure. Finished with natural mineral oil and beeswax
- Made in Redruth, Cornwall
- End grain boards absorb the impact of a knife without damaging the blade
- ‘Self healing’ structure closes up after being cut
- Utile wood is heavy and durable, with a beautiful mahogany-like appearance
- It is normal for wooden boards to expand and contract. Always wash both sides of your board and dry it on its side to avoid warping. Full care guide here.
Dimensions (subject to plus or minus a few mm):
Based in the heart of Cornwall, GT Woodshop is a husband and wife team specialising in stunning end grain chopping boards. Working with responsibly-sourced hardwoods from FSC forests or waste offcuts, these boards are a lifetime investment in beautiful craftsmanship. Each one is a labour of love, involving the glueing together of perfectly-cut wooden blocks, followed by an extensive finishing process. By creating this ‘end grain’ surface, the board absorbs knife cuts without damaging your blade. Cuts to the board even ‘heal’ up when dampened, as the grain swells a little to repair itself. Thick, durable and beautiful, these chopping boards have been made to last a lifetime and more.
Shipping & Returns
Standard UK shipping is £3.95, or free for any order over £50.
This is a made to order product, please see delivery time above.
Returns are available within 30 days from receipt of order. Any returned items must be in new (unused) condition and should include all original, undamaged packaging. Return shipping is at your own cost, unless the item received is faulty.
To begin a return, contact us here, quoting your order number and reason for return. After the item is received back, it will be checked before your refund is issued.